Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Originally posted by Thinkmoto:
Originally posted by bnoon:
I've ordered the first set of bars and rod ends. I'm having trouble finding a sway bar bracket to clamp to the bar though. 1.125" bar if anyone knows of anything that will work or has any ideas... I thought I had it figured out by using a balast bracket from a roundy round race car site, but they only go down to 1.25" sizes...

Illegal in STS/STX? Are those SCCA classes or something???

Any word on these yet? About that sway bar attachment. What about a 2 piece aluminum clamp? You could very easily make one yourself. Bore the clamp to the O.D. of the control arm tube, drill 2 holes and tap for pinch bolts, saw the block in half(so it can squeeze down on the control arm)and drill and tap a mounting hole for a heim joint/threaded rod etc to connect the sway bar end link. Just an idea...basically just like proir posts pic, but aluminum.

hahahaHey Bnoon I told you to do that almost a year ago I guess I should have took my own advice and did it.

Yeah, I already had this design scetched out... Are you the one that showed me pics of some old truck or something that had something similar on it stock? I remember some rusty parts in the pictures and thinking my design would work... Just haven't had the time or money to put the parts out there into production... plus no prototype mule sitting in my garage for the past two years now. Kinda takes the motivation factor and puts it in slow-mo...

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."