Now we're getting in to semantics.... Trailing or leading arms, their long axis is frt to rr.

Now I looked into doing tubular forward rr control arms 2-3 years ago. I spoke in depth to a stock car builder and he assured me that simply boxing in the existing stockers would be just as strong as custom built tubular ones. Then on our cars you have the problem of somehow connecting the sway bar via end link to a round tube. Basically, you will have to make a custom end link also.

I simply boxed the stockers and replaced the rubber bushings with machined solid alloy ones (or I coulda' used polyurethane). IMO, aluminum at the rr of the car is overkill as the heavy end is the front and that's where you should be looking for weight savings.

Can the stockers be made adjustable too? Quite possibly-I'm looking into it via a set of offset bushings. The problem is the factory tolerance on our cars is terrible. Add in dropped rr suspensions and it becomes a real nightmare!

The other problem here is that replacing the forward rr control arms entails dropping the subframe. It can be done, but not really a job for the unitiated.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.