Originally posted by Zip-Zap-Pow!:
I would not recommend aluminum. Cro-moly steel would be better. This would include all the hardware to space the heim joint correctly in the rear subframe correct? What ballpark price are you talking about?

I've already boxed in the forward arms in preperation of making adjustable rear arms.

The aluminum has a tensile pullout strength constant of over 19,000 pounds and a compression strength of over 80,000. A huge pothole has 4 times the load bearing strength for each wheel. 4,000 pound car = 1,000 pounds per wheel times 4 = 4,000 load = less than 4.5 times the constant... That's also good to over 4 lateral G's. Granted, your car will handle better, but not that much better! You wish! The only reason to go with steel over aluminum is if you're planning on an off road rally event!

Circle track racers use aluminum, drag cars use aluminum, many street cars use aluminum. It's mostly a matter of keeping 1" minimum threads entered on the rod ends...

The target price is around $150 per pair for the entry level ones and around $250 or so for the ones with heavy duty rod ends (last up to ten times longer). This will include all bolts/spacers/etc needed for installation. Powder coating will most likely be an upgrade option too through Buckshot Motorsports (he's here in town).

http://www.bnmotorsports.com "And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my CEG brothers. And you will know I am the Moderator when I lay my vengeance upon you."