First post, but it's a duzy! I have a 98SE, 2.5 Duratec. I got a CEL weeks ago......Car would start fine, idle high and then die. I took my car to a friend who is mechanic, hooked up Snapon OBD-II computer, codes showed O2 sensors, and IAC. We got an IAC from Nappa (an Auto parts store) put it on and replaced 1 of the O2s......CEL went off. 2 days ago it got real cold, the car would not stay running w/o keeping my foot on gas. Once the car was in drive I could go, and it idled fine. I called friend and he said maybe I should take it to FORD because he really did not know what was wrong with it. I did. They charged me $93.25 to run same test on the scanner, could not provide code readings to me and proceeded to tell me I had the following problems:

IAC *(replaced less than 1 month ago), MAF sensor, UI gaskets, LI gaskets, a vaccume leak, needed new plugs an wires *(done less than 1 month ago). All said and done, $1350.00 He then told me that this may be the start of it. After they did all of this, they wanted to run the test again and said my pre cats may be bad.

Am I getting ripped? Any other car and it would be history. I LOVE this car

Last edited by armace; 01/11/04 05:41 AM.

98' 2.5 v6 Hunter Green Tour I love my car, but she hates me Fun mods from the bone yard intermittent wipers, fogs, leather shift nob, mud flaps, jack, leds, under hood light, trunk latch, what else can i get?