This is my 2nd or 3rd time posting about my sisters 95 Contour SE 2.5L, but today is the day that I will be buying the part(either the EGR valve or the DPFE), and NEED to know ASAP which one to change...my sister doesn't have enough money to risk buying one part, only to have it turn out to be the other.

Just to refresh your memories.

Her car sputters, stalls, hesitates etc.

The ONLY code I've ever been able to get is 327 which means that the DPFE sensor is reporting a voltage that is below the self-test minimum of "0.2 volts".

I've tried cleaning her EGR valve with a spray can of TB cleaner and it usually stops the stalling for a few days.

But here's the reason I think I can basically eliminate the possibility of it being the DPFE. I disconnected the vacuum hose that connects to the top of the EGR valve, and it made absolutely NO difference at all. Now, to my understanding, a faulty DPFE would cause an over-active EGR valve because it would be supplying vacuum to the valve a lot more than it's supposed to. Well, if this is the case, than disconnecting the EGRs vacuum supply should have made the problem go away, right??

Tonight I'm going to try and connect a vacuum hose and suck/breath-in to see if the engine stalls. I think this will tell me if the EGR valve is moving or not, right?

I just don't understand why I'm getting the 327 code and not the code for too much EGR flow or something else. To me, a 327 can only be electrical, and not the valve itself...

I get confused just talking it!!!

Anyone?

THANKS!:)