Hey everyone, new California CEGers here, I just recently bought a 1998 T-red Contour SVT and wanted to introduce myself.

There are somethings that I think are a bit out of the ordinary with my car, the first being that it was originally registered in early 1997(Michigan I think?) before the Contours were actually released for sale, and it has only 33k miles on it, so I'm thinking that it may have had some original purpose such as an official Ford showcar, or maybe a pacecar in a race or something like that.

I haven't personally seen the interior of another SVT, but I know that they came in a blue interior, and my car is more of a black and grey interior, definately not blue compared to the SVT Floormat color I have seen before in shops.

I know there are posts on how to obtain the # SVT on the forums, but since the search feature is currently disabled could someone tell me how to find the # SVT using the VIN number?

Yeah so I'm not an original owner from when the cars first came out and I bought this used, but it's a great car and I'm enjoying it very much. Huge step up from the 1969 VW Beetle jalopy I was driving before!(At least it taught me how to drive stick as a first vehicle)

Well that's about it, maybe give some insight on any of this and nice to meet you all. By the way I'm located in Southern California in Agoura Hills 91301, the past few days I have seen a dark green SVT, one time out in Malibu Lake on Tuesday the 30th, and another time where I work at the California Do It Center on Friday the 2nd. Thanks again.

-Andrew

-Andrew 2000 Black CSVT My Cardomain