so i have a completely stock zetec atx with 42k on it. (yeah, i know, i should get a chip). i ended up racing a couple of times last night- keep in mind that i had a whole bunch of stuff in my trunk (2 10" subs in a bandpass box, 1 8" sub, 2 amps- so i had some weight added on) the other cars had no added weight.

1st was against a '91 (i think) lexus sedan with a atx V6 (stock)...im not sure on the power rating. we took off, and at the start, we were DAMN close, which really surprised me. he was maybe half a foot ahead of me. however, i noticed that as we were going faster, he was pulling on me...i was losing. we went up to about 60.

2nd was against an mtx honda civic (also stock). i dont know what engine he had. when we started off, i took off and pulled ahead. we keep going, and he starts pulling on me, and the distance is closing. we didnt finish- only went up to about 45 maybe.

everytime i took off, i would just turn O/D off and would just floor it. i know i should do the brake thing before taking off, but ive never done that before and didnt want to do anything stupid. so what im wondering is, why are they gaining on me in the upper mph? any reasons other than the fact that my car is slow?
if i had an mtx i wonder what would have happened...

1998 T-Red CSVT 3.0L