Originally posted by TourDeForce:
4 or 6 cyl - it is not difficult to do yourself. Here are some pointers that will make it easy for you.

The reason why I made a stink about the distinction between 4 and 6 cyl was mostly because 1.) I'm lazy and 2.) if its the Duratec I would highly recommend getting a wobble joint for your ratchet if you don't already have one. That back bank of plugs can be a little frustrating for anyone who's not familiar with changing plugs on the Duratec, as it sounds like our original poster is.

The first time I did my plugs I used only an extention on my ratchet. I banged up a knuckle and had to remove the coil pack. Then a friend (former Ford mechanic) showed me how to do it with a wobble joint. That, and the experience of doing it the first time really helped. No injuries and no unnecessary removal of parts when I had to change them a second time. BTW, as previously mentioned, make sure you get double-platinum plugs or you too will be doing a second change in a couple of months. I learned the hard way.

Also, don't forget to change the plugs when the engine is cold, and don't forget the anti-seize!

Beer is my Gatorade. Hooray Beer. '98 "Sport" Pacific Green '98 E0 SVT Silver Frost Pictures