hi all,
my car has been giving me this trouble for at least a year and recently got much worse (or i started noticing it more after driving other people's manual cars).

when applying power to the car (apply gas, downshift, upshift) something in the drivetrain feels like it's "bouncing". I can't figure out a better way to describe it.

it feels like the clutch springs are extremely loose (i guess that's a possibility).

it happens if i'm idling in any gear and apply the gas anything other than as softly as possible. after first power is applied i can hammer on it and it's fine.
if i don't feather the clutch extremely carefully and excessively it does it too.

the motormounts seem fine, no CV clicking that i know of.
it's definitely not the engine hesitating nor misfiring. engine idles and runs fine.

plugs and wires are all under 5k miles, UIM and TB cleaned 3k ago.

another option i guess would be the control arm bushings. i guess i'll take a crow bar to them later to check them out, but the bouncing seems longer in throw than those would permit.

it feels like the power is being applied through a rubberband. i want to drive another SVT to see if they do this.

any ideas?

Last edited by Oo.et.oO; 11/03/03 07:24 PM.

for sale: E0 (98) Silver Frost SVT/Contour http://contour.org/carprofile/carprofile.cgi?a=display&uid=667 wanted: front SVT bumper mesh, 01/02 S4 avant, nogaro blue.