Originally posted by CSVT1214:
I dont know much about other tires but personally i think the Kumho Ecsta Supras arent anything to brag about at all. I got them on my 98 CSVT and handling isnt all that hot. They are horrible in the rain. Dont know if its just me but my car is totally stock right now and in the rain with these tires, they spin all the way through second and into third. Not to mention that my friend has them on his Prelude Si with 17"s and took a turn only going 15 mph and slid and crashed into a pole. Caused $1,500 in damage.

a similar thing happened to me. while going the speed limit one drizzly night, i changed lanes, and the car started fish-tailing. at the time, i had Kumho Ecsta Supra 712s in 225/45/16. the tires are unimpressive. even when it's dry, they take awhile to warm-up enough to put down traction. perhaps they are priced below their competition for a reason.

1999 Cougar V6 MTX Borla stainless, dual exhuast ST200 struts, rear strut tower brace Roush springs, rear sway bar, bodykit Steeda Tri/X, Powerslot rotors, Falken Ziex 512 Awaiting install: GMK CAI