First of all I just got my 2000svt contour in late July with 35,000 miles. I started noticing the gas pedal sticking. (small thing really) I simply cleaned the throttle body.

Next my car started to buck violently. I took it in and was told nothing could be done until a light came on or a code showed up. After about a week I noticed this would only happen at below half a tank of gas but really bad at a quarter tank. Hince the fuel pump is going bad. I took the car in a second time because the car was really bad. I had two mechanics ride along. During the ride they both agreed it was the fuel pump. (keep in mind this is all covered under warranty) I then was harrased about not getting a rental to drive.(different story) Anyways, when I dropped the car off for the fuel pump to be changed the service guy asked if anything else needed to be look at. I said not really but there is a small squeek coming from the right front fender. I said you can look at it but it's not that big of a deal. The service guy said "no problem, we'll take care of it". Now comes the *censored* up part. After five days of calling to see what the problems were and non returned phone calls- I get some info. The fuel pump was the problem. They said it would be covered under warranty and I would just have to pay the deductible and the cost of the fuel filter and labor. fuel filter= $17.45 + labor 1/2 hr $36.00. I can handle that.

The service guy then says he had three different mechanics drive my car to see what the squeeking was and they didn't know. Once again I said this wasn't that much of a problem and if they couldn't figure it out it wasn't that much of a problem. He said it wasn't and said he would call back when they knew. I asked for a total on the bill. He stuttered and after about five minutes of trying to find a sheet where it was written down he said he would have to call me back. Later today I heard nothing from him and gave him a call. He told me that after numerous attempts of lubbing the chassi they finally fixed it. I was happy until he said it would be $260.00 for just lubing the car. First of all I never said fix the squeek and was never told this wasn't covered under warranty. He said "yeah man, I didn't realize it was going to take this much and it costs so much for the labor". I said, you offered to fix it and never mentioned any charge or it not being covered under warranty. I then talked to the service manager and (explained again and again and...) he finally said " since the initial service guy offered to do this and never informed you of any costs then we will take care of it. So, as I drive the wounderful mouse powered rental Focus back I had time to cool down. sort of. I go to pay and the total was $106.00. After all of that I gave in and paid the man. The intial service guy that I was dealing with talked to me and was appologizing over and over. He admitted to his mistakes and even had the nerve to ask for a good review when I get a follow up service call.

Now, as I pull out of the dealership I run over the first bump- guess what!!!!! (squeek * squeek * squeek * squeek)

I can only imagine how pissed I would have been if I paid that $260.00.

Does anyone know if this would be under any kind of lemon law? I live in Charlotte, NC. I looked these laws up but only found lemon laws on new cars.

Also, are these problems expected on 2000svt's. Should I get out of this while I can. I really like the car but for only having my car since late July and three problems already, I want to wreck the darn thing.

I had a Nissan before this and never had a major problem. That car had 180,000 miles on it.

This really just feels good to vent some anger, but any advise is appreciated!

Last edited by dluv; 09/30/03 02:51 AM.