OK, last summer my friend Tim and I went up to this guy's apartment in Springfield (about an hour away) to chill. We drank some "herbal" tea that the guy made. He said it would relax us, but didn't mention what it was. I asked him if it was legal, and he said yes. Then we got bored after about an hour or two and set out for home.

We got pulled over about halfway home because an ambulance had been following us for awhile and radioed ahead. Apparently we both began wildly hallucinating about 20 minutes after we left, and I kept trying to drive "in the fast lane", but we weren't on the interstate; we were on a regular highway. So I was just driving in the wrong lane, and every time a car would come at us I would snap out of it and get back into the right lane. They said I wasn't swerving, just driving in the wrong lane.

So they pulled us over and took me to jail after searching my car (and finding nothing), and sent Tim on his way on foot with both his cell phone and my cell phone, but two dead batteries. So he had to walk twelve miles back to Monett at two in the morning, hallucinating his ass off, LOL. He talked to a lot of his friends by the side of the road, but every time he'd glance away and look back they would vanish. :O

They took me and drew blood to send away for analysis, and held me in jail for like four hours. Wrote me a ticket for a DUI and improper lane change.

The bloodwork got lost in the mail, so my lawyer got it dropped no problem.

And that "herbal" tea turned out to be ground-up Jimsonweed (datura) seeds. It's a quasi-toxic hallucinogen that apparently grows in the ditches around here.

That was a crazy night. I talked to a lotta dead people in the jail cell. It was kinda freaky, since I didn't know what the hell was going on.