My 98 Myst LS has 88k mi and it was really starting to give me troubles. I started looking to get rid of it. It had the shakes; the handling was awful, and the road noise! YUK! I started shopping for something new, a fast 2dr coup with leather and ABS. Not too much to ask for. I was leaning toward the RSX-S when suddenly, my tranny quits, I canâ??t sell the Myst with a bad tranny, that wouldnâ??t be right.

So, I pull the motor and install a new VB w/shift kit and TC in the tranny and the tranny shifts better the ever. Went to rotate the tires and noticed a strut was leaking and the tires looked bad. Figured, what the heck, replace the struts and install a new lower arm and by a set of yoko avid a4 (recommended by a fellow CEGer) . Had my friends shop mount balance and align and it today.

Itâ??s like having a new car! No more road noise, no more shake, no more pulling, and the handling!!!! This is what I bought it for in the first place.

So all told, I have spent $1450 on the Myst this year and $1630 in the last 12mo. The tax on the new car would have been $1900. If I get two more years out of it, it will have been worth it.

I donâ??t hate driving my car anymore. Working on it still stinks!

jeff

have you fixed your ford lately?