This post is regarding my Black 1998 SVT E1 with 93K miles:

My car has looked so bad for so long, especially since I live in an apartment and dont get to put a lot of time into the car. Sure, I do wash/wax the car but not to the extent that I would have liked to.

A friend of mine commented that we should wheel out the car. This was the last try to make it look decent, to remove all the water spots that did not want to come off and buff out some scratches.

We wheeled out the car last Monday and it just looked awsome....except for the fact that the entire car is starting to spider crack under the clear coat. WTF? A 5 year old car that has been regularly maintained has its paint is cracking?

I am having some serious issues with this car right now and it is really starting to piss me off. I do believe that this will be the last New Ford I own for quite some time. Sure, I would like to have some sort of 5.0 or 60's project Mustang...but as for a new car, Ford will not get my business.

Anyone else been feeling like this lately? Anyone else have premature paint failure?

Regards,

1998 SVT Contour E1, Black (Mine) - Winter 3.0 Project 2004 Sentra SE-R SpecV (Wifes) www.SuperHawkForum.com