Originally posted by mmilner:

I'd ask - is there something about your experience that is prompting them to do this? Were you rude? Do you come across as somebody trying to get something for free? Is there any history with you fighting/arguing with them about something else? Or is this particular Service Manager that much of a weasel that they have to screw you out of $60?

Hmmm, about the bulb for the clock. I had zero problems buying a replacement bulb for the clock on a 95 MTX SE a couple years ago from a Dealership. For such a tiny item it was expensive ($5?).

Mike

It wasn't so much as the dealer was scamming me out of $60, but more of that their computer systems listed the parts as installed. So from their viewpoint everything was taken care of. Plus you have the manager asking the mechanic if he did something a week ago, so who's to say that he would remember doing something like that? They just kind of took the attitude that I was trying to get free parts off of them b/c as far as they could tell, they had done the work for the car. As far as the bulb... that was no problem finding a new one and replacing it. The person on the phone saying I have to replace the entire clock b/c it's broken just shows that the person at the Ford Dealer didn't have the knowledge of the product, and that the mechanic department isn't all that organized for screwing it up with my parts. I wasn't going to get into a battle over $60, they've just lost my business for repairs and buying new vehicles. This happened over 2 years ago and I haven't gone there since. (If this post seems to ramble it's b/c I'm busy at work and typing it out quickly, sorry)

2005 S/C Monte Carlo SS 1995 Contour SE