Found a nail in my left-front tire merely 500 miles after last major service (85K) at dealer. PAID dealer $30 for rotation too, plus other diagnostics (that P0420 code and the rear suspension noise). They certified all tires have proper treads and brake linings are fine, all in green.

So I went to Big O, where I bought my tires. It's supposed to be free flat repair and all that. Thinking it was a simple 10 minute job and free and all that...

Guess what they found when they pulled the tire out... INSIDE of the tire is COMPLETELY cusped. No wear mark at all. ALL WORN OUT. Bad alignment somehow. Come to think of it, it has been over 20K since my last alignment. Then they checked ALL FOUR WHEELS, same thing. ALL are worn on the inside. In other words, either the dealer service techs are BLIND not to see the inside wear (and recommend an alignment), or they charged me $30 without doing anything! And this is in the past THREE visits!

The one with the nail can't be patched due to low tread, and the other three are on their last legs as well. I had to replace ALL FOUR TIRES.

Beware of this dealer! This is South City Ford in San Bruno, Caiifornia, just north of SF International Airport.

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...