This is San Francisco...

I had just picked up my grandma and two of her friends (both old ladies) and was delivering them home. I'm heading on Geary toward "Cliff House", passing 35th heading to 45th Ave. This is very quiet neighborhood. It's like 10:30 PM, street is wide and quiet... And an older Honda Prelude pulled up next to me.

This Prelude has been seriously rice'ed. It's been lowered (really), had a small rear spoiler, and a fancy exhaust. The intrument panel has a blue LED light. I can see the glow off the corner of my eye.

I decided to have a little fun. I did NOT look at him, but when the light turned green, I goosed it. Remember, this is a plain jane LX V-6 ('96). I'm at 40 mph before you know it. That guy was about 3 car lengths behind before I ever heard his tires squeak, and I never exceeded 4000 rpm!

So I just drove calmly along at 40 mph, and that Prelude of course zooomed right past me. Then he went through the stop sign ahead of me, doing a "rolling stop", complete with that 4-cylinder "roar" and tires squeaking.

I stopped at the stop sign, doing the full stop. I was about to hit the gas when I noticed to my left, yellow light started flashing.

San Francisco Police cruiser!

I quickly pulled off to side of the road, as that cruiser took off after the Prelude. That Prelude pulled over 20 yards later.

Busted! Muahahahahah!

Just a plain jane '96 LX V-6 here...