I have a digital EQ that I'm installing into my Mystique. Its a regular DIN size chassis. I already have my CD player in the existing slot, so I need a new place to mount the DEQ. I'm thinking about placing it in the center console, under the dash, in that little spot that does nothing but possible hold a pen and a couple dimes. I think you know where I'm talking about. Right behind that there is some duct work, and a relay. I don't think I'm gonna cut that out and relocate relays yet. What I'm hopeing to do is mount the face of the EQ on the console, and run a wire to the main sending unit. Except I need to get a longer 18 conductor ribbon cable. Any ideas where i can get this? Anybody do anything like this before? If I decide to cut into the ducting, or just take a section out and rebuild it, can anybody see any harm in this? It will more than likely mess up my floor venting, but that is the price you pay for car audio.

Thanks, sorry this is a bunch of rambling. I'll try and clarify it when I'm not in a rush.