Originally posted by LI-SVT:
"It will fire under low voltage whereas the non OE plugs won't"

Does the ignition system raise the spark voltage in open loop?

I do not know that, sorry. I just know, through the process of elimination, that at low rpm's, or low rpm's with any electrical accessories on, including a/c, that my car would miss, which then caused it to buck. The Ford parts guy told me that non-OE plugs, although the non-Ford parts houses will tell you that the Autolites and other accessory plugs are interchangeable, will not work properly. Because you have to have the fine wire, low resistance plugs. When my car is at idle and the headlights and especially with the a/c also on, it dims the lights when the a/c cycles. So I know the elec system is not outting out beau coup power to the ignition system either. And my car only missed at idle, and at low rpm while driving. Once I tipped into the throttle and built some revs it would run fine. And once I had brand new plugs in it, with low resistance (because they were new and perfect and non carboned) the car would run good. But the slightest amount of resistance in the Autolites and the car would start to miss, and buck. The Motorcraft plugs are duh bomb. I have no missing, no bucking, nothing but pure, sweet, Ford horsepower, yahoo !!! Ken 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec ATX

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.