Originally posted by TourDeForce:

At any rate (poor english), I haven't looked for the fuel filter, but I saw a post that said it's under the car near the right rear wheel. I picked up a fuel filter last night, & just got back from another AP store with fresh plugs. I'll grab a TB gasket at the dealer in the morning, since I'll be there to pick up some parts for my mothers car.

Here's something interesting I came across on the MSN "find out how reliable your car is" site. The 99 Ford Contour w/the 2.0 liter Zetec was rated 2nd highest for problems, with this addendum;

An occasional problem on this vehicle is the failure of the variable camshaft timing solenoid and/or sprocket.(2.0l Zetec Only)The cost to repair the variable camshaft timing solenoid and/or sprocket is estimated to range from approximately $244.00 to $636.00 for the parts and $175.00 labor.All prices are estimates based on $65 per flat rate hour and do not include diagnostic time or any applicable sales tax.

I wonder if this could be our problem ???

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.