Sigh, $tealerships...

I did get a second set of plugs & plug wires from a different parts store & the symptom is identical.

I opened up my IMRC (might have been a mistake since the thing was VERY well weather sealed). There appears to be nothing in there that could get messed up by moving it around - An electric motor, some gears, a circuit board & the cable coming in. I thought the IMRC might be cracking the secondaries open a bit when I started the car, I'll need to get my frau to help with this test so I can check/feel for any movement of the linkage. Kinda makes sense since the symptom is most noticeable when the engine is warmed up.

I moved the cable a bit to get it over the engine lift loop instead of under the notch, but I don't think that will help. A while back I did a TB clean & didn't replace my TB gasket with the new one. I'll try sticking the TB gasket on & re-checking the EGR valve to make sure its not ruptured. I'm also going to check the DPFE vacuum hoses to be sure those are snug. This is really making me crazy.

I'm trying like hell to islolate items before I start replacing parts. Sometimes I just feel like bringing it to the dealer & have them plug it into their computer so I can see what is going on with all the various parts. Maybe I can invest in one of those diagnostic programs for my PC.

Must be that jumbly-wumbly thing happening again.