Originally posted by Kennard:
Originally posted by mbb41:
It sounds like you have the classic fuel pump issues descibed in this and other bucking threads. Do you have a warranty still? If so I'd be inclined to go into the dealership and encourage them to by pass all the testing they will want to do and find a way to charge you for and set them straight off to the fuel pump. If not and you or your dad or someone else are so mechanically inclined there is a write up on here how to fix the problem yourself. Hope that helps.

Are you of the opinion that this is a problem in all Contours ? Is this something I also should be looking into ? Why does the problem go away with fresh plugs ? Why do you think the problem started within a couple weeks of swapping out the original plugs ? May it have been conicidence in my case ? BTW I do not expect a miracle, but you seem pretty knowledgeable so I'm asking your opinion only, thanks, Ken, 99 SE Zetec Atx.

Well given my response was to the post above me and not yours. Might that clear it up better for you. For the record I'm not of the opinion that this happens to all Tours. However again the post I was responding to has classic symtoms. If you read through the whole post you probably noticed my problem has turned out to be the secondaries being pinned open. To think some people do it on purpose. In your case I don't recall did you say you did your fuel filter yet? Or your plugs? Failing those 2 items I would move to the ignition coil (less probable but could make sense) or the MAF. By replacing your plugs you get some great spark from the new ones that may mask your symptons temporaily leading me to guess that your problem never has gone away yet.

Green 96 mystique gs 4cyl mtx 16.9 in the 1/4 mile @102500 miles 95SE in Midnight Red MTX MSDS headers and y-pipe SVT exhaust SVT UIM Optimized se TB. Full pre 98 SVT body kit 15.741 @ 87.73mph :)