Based on your suggestion I too replaced my plugs with Autolite double plat plugs. But my problem went away for days, only to return. And it always starts the same way, first while the a/c is on and gradually gets worse and worse until it's doing the same thing almost all the time now. It's never at WOT, it's always just under medium load before the ATX will kick down. And sometimes while sitting at idle. I ran that car HARD to Seattle from Portland without one single stutter. I drove it 50 miles to work and back the next day. Then yesterday it was 80 degrees and I drove it home with the a/c on and it started missing/bucking/stuttering. My car has 85K and no belt change yet. And we have the CVT (sp?) Zetec engine with the ATX. It's getting more than a little frustrating. I'm thinking about changing the plug wires since maybe when the plugs are brand new and they have almost zero resistance the plug wires are sending enough voltage to fire them. And maybe after a little time the plugs get just enough carbon on them to force the plug wires to short out somewhere. I don't know but if anyone has a suggestion please say so, thanks again, Ken

Ken, 99 Silver Frost SE Zetec Atx, polished alloys, Kumho's, Pioneer hi power CD/AM/FM. Factory spoiler (added) Audi side lites, Borla stainless steel muff. Stolen, recovered in pieces. Looking for another Tour, preferably V6, 5 speed.