Hey I see there a good debate going here about pistons but I failed to tell ya'll that my number 1 piston was the one that melted on the exhaust side and I asuming from this weakened it instantly and appeared like someone took a punch and pounded it through the piston on the side under the top ring and bottom ring.

I'm curious to what temp is required to do this. My number two cylinder next to it had little pits on the same side appearing to be next to break down. I almost looks like when the piston reaches a certain temp small pieces metal in grain form melt and fall off the piston surface and leaves small pits. Number 3 piston suffered nothing smooth finish.

i nevered pulled off the other head yet.

I ran my car yesterday with an egt and my car idles when warm at about 450 Celcius and with 8 psi it reaches right at 700 celcius and with 10.5 psi it reaches 750 celcuis my greddy gauge has the red line starting at 900 celcius to 1200 celcius.

I also have the probe in number one header one inch from head since this is the hottest cylinder being it has longest run in the intake for heat.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I'm also runing 30%rubbing achohol and 70% water injection system too. Does achohol affect this too?

99 SVT #198 blk/blue Spec 3/quaife/stage 2 shafts T3/T4 fully built 3.0 ported heads water injec./intercooled 13.2 @ 107 mph clifford alarm and turbo timer koni struts H&R springs intercooler for sale