Originally posted by PuckPuck:
Now onto serious issues. I know how many of you praise the extra 1.2 points of compression, however now if money is tight and you can't afford a new set of pistons for your 99 block being converted to a 3L, you may want to think about running a lower compression by opening up the combustion chamber (only slightly more $$ in machine work)

Oh my! Now that is an interesting proposition, wish I'd heard of this before.?.? Makes me want to pull my heads off right now. lol

Originally posted by PuckPuck:

I'm still interested in knowing if we can say that all blown pistons were in the front bank... then the next question is WHY? Maybe the water pump has something to do with it, now i'm not sure but, that is the only big difference from front to rear.

So far they are all front-bank pistons. Why, I have no idea yet though I have mulled over it for a while.

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black