Okay let me lay out the problem & you guys can help me solve this riddle.

I did a search and see some similiarities to my problem but, they didn't mention overheating.

This has happened twice, in slow neighborhood driving, with my AC on (max) my temp guage is creeping up. Today it hit the red and I stopped the car and let it sit for a minute. Heat comes out of the vents, so it's not the waterpump (replaced 2 years ago) I noticed that the cool air got warm then looked at the guages & noticed the high temp.

For quite awhile I've noticed that at idle with the AC on, 1 cooling fan goes on and off every 20 to 30 seconds, sometimes it switches to a higher speed too. Now, with the air off, that same cooling fan will go on when the temp hits between M & A on the temp guage, so it's working to cool the engine. BUT...... I never notice the other fan (on the right when looking at the engine) ever going on.
If I turn the air on, no fan goes on at all, until the cycling fan goes on. But that other fan just doesn't ever go on.

Any ideas guys & gals? Should I replace the fans (they are 1 unit aren't they? Hard to replace? I see two bolts holding it in, while the bottom part sits in a holding clip)

I'm not sure what to do, but what I do know is NO DEALERSHIP VISITS FOR ME!!

Thanks gang!
N.

"Fear is the little death." Muadib.