ContourGirl, sounds like what mine did a long time ago. Mine was the valve body. What happens is that when the fluid is cold, the valves and pistions in the valve body will stick. This does not allow the fluid to flow as it should, as well as not actuating the band or clutches needed for the operation at hand. When warm, the pistons and valves function normally due to the normal swelling from heat.

I am sure that the replacment of your TC (pump too, right?) helped with your problem before, but I had my reservations about it solveing it. It would really be best to have the tranny torn down and all tolerances checked. All parts should be replaced that are out of tolerance or questionable. Of course, a trans go kit should be installed also, since this kit includes a bunch of goodies to update your tranny and resolve certain well known issues with your older year model.

One other thing I would like to add also...

I am putting together a website based on the CD4E. It is on Geocities right now, but when I get done I am hoping to move somewhere else more stable. Feel free to check it out, exspecialy the links section. There is some really good info there. And as always, I invited anyone that has anything more to add to this, feel free to PM any info they have or suggestions for the site. Yeah I know it's plan!!! I am feeling freaking lazy!!!

http://www.geocities.com/yyz81/cd4e/index.html

Last edited by unisys12; 06/19/03 02:02 AM.

Phillip Jackson `98 Mystique LS 262K+ and counting... ATX rebuilt @ 151K "This storm has broken me, my only friend!" RIP Dime