I tore my 95 trans apart last weekend. Although the assembly date of the car was 2/95, many parts are build dated in 94 or 1/95. I used the updated shifter forks and each 1 was different from the stock parts. There were NO ball bearing type bearings on any of the existing shift forks. All were a babbet type bearing. Also, there was no splash shield on the 2-3 fork.

The how-to posted here was OK, but there are a no. of differences with the rod actuated trans. I did not upgrade the shifter tower although I believe it could work. Getting the new forks in the case correctly was a bit tricky. The shafts were in fabulous shape considering the transaxle has over 155,000 miles on it.

Trans is not in the car yet so I cannot comment on improved shift feel. Anyone with an early, wishing to do this job can PM me for help or info., if so desired.

Redcoat Raceworks. Performance parts and custom fabricating for Contours, Mystiques and Cougars. Specializing in chassis and suspension parts. Custom end links, control arms, strut tower bars, engine torque braces, etc.