Just to let people know what I just went through. I had grinding going into 3rd so I figured since I'm going to have to pull the tranny out myself that I would try ang get everything needed to tackle this task so that I wouldn't have to do this again anytime soon and get all the parts up front.
Just so you know if you have the same 3rd gear problem I did you will NEED to replace the brass parts since that they are the #1 wear items for this problem, next the obvious is replace sychros. That is not all to my surprise the 3rd gear out of my 2000 is out dated and Ford has a revised and I was not able to match the new parts w/ my factory 3rd gear I was told that Ford NO longer makes the parts that would work w/ my 3rd gear out of my tranny and the associated new parts like the brass teeth and sychros. So after going back and forth w/ Ford and the machine/tranny shop I was getting a little iritated knowing that my car was on jack stands @ my house and all I wanted was the right parts to get my car back on the road again.
SO if you are planning to tackle this task yourself you will need a machine press to get the outer bearing off the shaft and that it should be replaced F8RZ7025BA I believe (Ford CD says Not reusable) You will need updated 3rd gear w/ (2) YM2Z7107EB Brass rings (1) F*RZ7124BA Synchronizer Assembly.
Good Luck and thanks for reading my experience and hopefully others will learn from it.

2000 Black SVT Contour He who says Nitrous is cheating just got beat. www.Fast4doors.com