Originally posted by Rev. Po-Jay:
I currently have the Quaife in a different tranny. I think I will skip the Speedo gear as the one on it will work, but how about the carrier bearings? I am losing 3rd gear synchros so I think I will change the bearings just incase some metal shavings have damaged them. Any opinions?

BTW- None of the part numbers work on FordPartsOnline...

The zetec and duratec speedo gears have the same part #!!
If your quaife is already fitted and you move it to the other transmission, all you will have to do is pull the ring gear and switch it to the one in the bondurant transmission. Your carrier bearings should not need replaced if you move the outer races over to the new transmission, assuming there are no pits in the bearings or the races that is. All you will have to do is move the races over and re-check the fit with your new diff. The synchros are brass so the brass particles are softer than the steel bearings. It is very unlikely that they could be damaged from a synchro grind. All you need to do is make sure that the synchros in the new transmission (new, used??) are in good shape and if they are you just swap over the diff as discussed.

Tom

Former owner of '99 CSVT - Silver #222/2760 356/334 wHP/TQ at 10psi on pump gas! See My Mods '05 Volvo S40 Turbo 5 AWD with 6spd, Passion Red '06 Mazda5 Touring, 5spd,MTX, Black