Condenser is High side pressure. Relief on r-134a is usually 380 PSI.
Working pressures on the car are in the 150 to 200 PSI range with excursions into 300 psi not unusual.

You can't check it well with an air compressor.

Make sure your connections are TIGHT.

Also, if the system has been discharged a while, the filter drier is probably saturated and will fall apart under use. While your friend may have been ok, your mileage may vary. If the dessicant gets loose in the system, it will clog all orifices and the evaporator. Effectively destroying the system.
Pulling a dehydrating vacuum is always a good idea.

Well.. I guess i associated the condensor with the fill port on the low side because they arenext toeachother.

Umm.. i think it heald partial charge for the time.... as it had a very slow leak..

Another thing is some damn rubber crap on top of the radiator fell off when i pulled the condensor down (V6 people only , 4 cyl people go up), its a long strip that slips into a slot? I mean stud? I mean thin strip on top of the radiator (there are 2 on top and bottom) and covers the top of the condensor and keeps the 2 from rubbing. well , the Haynes manual doesnt say a damn thing about it .

Also, I found that , I just ASSumed that my drilling 2 holes outside the original ones would work.. guess what ? It doesnt! I am only holding the brackets with one 25 or 26 tpi machine screw. The hardened steel originals were of 8mm head and 10mm nut .. I don't know the tpi but there were 2 of them. Well.. Umm.. yeah.. try and get at least one of the bolts out!

I made sure the connections were tight .. all u can do is visually check that that the spring is out side the aluminum shim rim thing. and then put the metal hold down clips in place.

The dessicant may be loose, the evaporator and orifices could very well be clogged. The system probably is s... .
Well, I don't have a vaccuumm well, one that is readialy applicable.. building tools for applications in short order is never a timely fashion.

Howevery, I made apurchase atwalmart, 4.5 for 12 oz freon, and 5 something fro theoil charge.

I putthe 1st can of freon in , I may not have left it on long enough, and then the oil can .. I noticed the temp got down to 59 inside max ac fan high. as i was barbquing and drinking another beer, i was checking things and feeling the weight of the oil can charge.. it was not empty af tery several minutes , maybe 20 or more.

i noticed the temp going up and the compressor was not kicking on , the oil can charge was half full.. .
i had no idea what was going on so i sealed the oil charge ( as i dont want to be buying another one) and pulled the f ill hose and shut the engine off until someone can tell me what i may be experiencing as far as the reason the full oil charge wasnt taken in

its just a car to get from pt a to b usually it does it nicely --AIM: chronon1 95 Tour SE, 2.5 lliter 24V DOHC V6, 5 speed manual