I paid about $50 to $75 for Ford to find this with their sniffer (UV light) ..
and by the way, don't EVER take your car to Pep-boys for AC -- u get the wrong guy and your screwed .. .. because PBY indicated it just needed a recharge when in fact days before it had been recharged and only made cold air about 5 days before it got warmer and warmer.

So last year Ford dealer said the condser neede replacement.
That it would probably be cheaper to replace it than repair it . PBY does have this for $139 (special order - received in 3-5 days) .. You can get the disconnect tool for $8.

I read in the archive about a guy repairing .. someone said maybe JB-weld type high-temp epoxy-'metal' then another guy said no, on a hot day there is way too much pressure --

The condensor is Aluminum I beleive so , it either gets a TIG weld or nothing .. epoxy wouldn't hold the pressure.
Then a pressure test... (not worth the hastle ).

So this means the condensor needs replacing.

1. Has anybody recently replaced the condensor ?
(Apparently little rocks easily get up there and break it)

2. What probability is there that the compressor O-rings
need replacing?

3. The evaporator - would that have evaporated the dessicant being that the vehicle sat for a year .. AC recharged and evacuated about 3 times and then has not been in working condition about another 9 months ?

Thanks,
Eric
Rochester,NY

its just a car to get from pt a to b usually it does it nicely --AIM: chronon1 95 Tour SE, 2.5 lliter 24V DOHC V6, 5 speed manual