Originally posted by Big Poppa:

I know what you mean man I got one from a guy that got it from micah and the whole thing is gonna have to be resurfaced with bondo and get cleaned up a lot before its ready for paint. its on the car now for its test fit but its comming off as soon as its warm so I can start preping it

Yeah, tonight I finally got my wife out to look at it (what this 'gift' was she had gotten me for my birthday last June was). She got mad at me, and said $450 for that cheap lookin, flimsey, POS??? Then she asked me how come it looked so ugly. Then I had to sit there and defend it for like 15 minutes or so and try to get her to see the 'vision' of what it will look like all painted and on. She even noticed right off the bat that it was way flimsier and flexible/squishey material than the original OEM bumper is. Then she sais, "what if your friend comes over like he always does and rests his foot on it like he always does when he comes over and you guy sit and bull$hit?" Then that dawned on me, that I really need to somehow thicken this thing up and make it stronger and stiffer! Right now it's only strong enough for a car show, but I doubt it would survive the real world. I also am remembering way back when my insurance company said my old back bumper needed to be replaced way back when somebody had rearended me and it just had a TINY little gouge in one little spot (because they said it would cost more to fix the gouge in labor than the bumper was worth), and this pre-98 SVT bumper is all crude lookin just about anywhere you look at it. So I can tell that I really need to learn plasticianing so I can do all this myself, or it's gonna cost me like a grand or 2 to prep and paint this thing. Because I want the perfection level to be like OEM new. Not all rigged lookin. I still wonder if it wouldn't have been cheaper to cut and paste 2 OEM bumpers together to make an SVT one? Oh well. I hope all this trouble is worth it in the end? I'm having trouble seeing the light in the end of the tunnel at this point. It's hard to ignore my wife's points, because her judgement is not clouded by the 'want' or the 'desire'. She just talks 'logic', in that it's just a car

....gasp

'95 CONTOUR SE -Enkei 16s -SVT wannabe -Dual escapes w/ 2 1/2" stainless tips -True LED taillight conversion -Audi Xenon Projector Retrofit -Mp3 deck, dual 10s