Hey guys, I searched all the archives to try and get to the bottom of this gas smell thing and I cant find the problem. I have been able to narrow down the area the smell is comming from, and this is not the cat, cause its smells like raw gas fumes. last weekend I removed the black canister thking in the rear under the trunk and inspected all the hoses, and blew through the canister and seems clear and ok. The smell is usally when the car reaches normal temp, and I notice it mostly when driving at any speed, and mostly when I let off the gas, like while coasting. I have been able to stop a few times when this happens to try and pinpoint where the gas smell is coming from, and it seems to be mostly in the rear near the drivers side wheele well area, but I have smelled it around my side skirts at the bottom and near the front wheele well as well. What the heck could be causing this, could it be a line coming from the firewall to the cansister prehaps cracked somewhere in the middle under the car?, I dont know what elce to check, but I hate this smell its really annoying. Any help would be great..