just explain that you had just passed a car and were decelerating (unless you had cruised a bit more than you should have at passing speeds) Everybody who has ever driven has gone "dangerous speeds" while passing, you kind of have to. You'll likely get another fine ontop of that and some points against you license.

If you weren't just finished passing a car, and the cop knows this for sure, you might lose your license or have to retake your drivers (they try to fail you the second time through)

My friend didn't get his license until he was 20 The day he got it he got a ticket for speeding (10 over) and from that day on he drove like a grandpa. Unfortunately his car was a POS and he got several tickets for it, which caused him to lose his license. now it will cost him over $300 to renew, and he has to retake his road test.

I've been really lucky so far, I was clocked at 178kph in a 60kph road (traffic light headed out of Edmonton towards Alberta Beach) It was early in the morning on a sunday. It was the first time I ever really opened up the car. There was only me and a black truck which seemed to be keeping up really well although towards the end I was pulling away. I kept going until I bouced off the govenor, at which point a light bar popped out of the truck's grille and the rearview mirrors started flashing red and blue. It was a drug Cop's truck I pulled over and he came up, chewed me out for a good 5 minutes, then decided to give me a break and write me 3 tickets for different violations, totalling $387 and change. He could have arrested me but he had "more important things to do than deal with idiots like you" I said thank you so many times my throat was sore.

That was my last "race" and I never went more that 1kph over any posted limit again for a long long time. I also slow down for black trucks when I'm in Edmonton now...

2003 Ford Focus ZX3 "Tarmac" http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2352003