I noticed today as I was stuck behind a dump truck towing a back hoe up a steep mountian road doing 20 mph for 3 miles that my temp gauge was about at the red line. Once I got it off the road and waited a few minuets to let her cool off and to vent out the steam with some tricky radiator cap twisting with a towel I got it cooled down pretty fast.

I got going again and I could go faster now that the sloww a$$ed dump truck was gone and I was able to keep my temp at a decent level as long as I kept it in a higher gear and was going 40+.

My guess is that the impeller is of the plastic kind and is about all out of blades. I have a brand new radiatior because the original one got smashed by the grease monkey doing my clutch, so that isn't it. My fans work too, so I can only figure it's the water pump or thermestat.

I got a new metal impeller water pump today, but I wasn't sure what temp themestat to get for my SVT. Since I KNOW that the Pep boys guys would have even less of an idea than I do.....I was going to swing by the dealership tomarrow. Anyone know off hand what temp I need just incase the counter guy is as smart as I KNOW he'll (she'll) be?

2005 Ford F150 SuperCab FX4 1964 Chevrolet Impala SS 1998 CSVT: 354HP/328TQ @ 10 psi, now gone