Thanks. It may actually get above 10 degrees this weekend, so I may have a chance to finally fix this.

I'm banking on the brake booster line being cracked.

I've been thinking more and more about it lately. At low rpm's it idles like complete and total crap. At high rpm's it runs GREAT. I mean even better than it usually runs. This would imply that I have unmetered air getting into the system, which would also be caused by a massive vacuum leak. It would cause my engine to run lean at higher rpm. This would actually help the high end performance but obviously hurt low end performance.

Last spring, I made a home-brewed intake out of that aluminum dryer hose stuff. It worked really well until the days leading up to it tearing open. I noticed more power in the upper rpm band and didn't know why. But one day when I came to a stop light my 'tour just died. I started it up but had to give it gas. I don't know why I didn't think of this before.

Enough of storytime, time to go get some

BP

Ben ---'96 Contour GL * Zetec ATX * Tan on Black steelies--- +++JRSC M62 Under Construction+++ My big-a$$ mod list.