Originally posted by woodysvt:
Originally posted by woodysvt:
I dont wish to bring this up after all the money has been collected...but I will tell you my experience with Aerogear.

I purchased a hood from them in June for my old car (98 gti vr6). I took it home and tried to install it. It was the worst fitting piece of crap i had ever seen. It would even latch at the latch point. So, I called them and told them of my misfortune. They apologized and said I could come pick a new one up in about 3 weeks. I called 3 weeks later...and they informed me that they had not come in yet. They said another 3 weeks. So another 3 weeks...same thing. Another 3 weeks...same thing. It has now been almost 5 months.....and they still keep telling me the same thing. I still have this piece of crap hood sitting in my garage...and am getting the run around with them.
I pray that you guys do not have the same problem as I had. But I will tell you, I am not the only person who has experieces similar to these. Check any other message board, and almost all of them have at least 1 person who had the same problem. I have given up and am not expecting a new hood.

looks like my experience is becoming all too real for ya'll.

no not really, Areogear actually got a prototype created that fits really well..check a few pages back...theres pics of it on my car...i can also take more pics if you wish because i still ahve the prototype...AreoGear is trying (although i will say that people ahve had there problmes with them) and yes i will say this, if it was not for Norcal and Devious hounding them, then i believe AreoGear would not have called at all until they arrived.

Norcal and Dev have been really good about that. but in AreoGears defence, they switched factories over in the middle of production due to higher costs, and more defects in the product i beleive....also haveing the molds for there product taken to the new factory was time consuming, due to the fact that you cannot monitor the factories status fist hand cause there all the way in china.

but i wil say this, this has been a while, and it shoudl be over soon, with everyone happy.

Lupe

3.0 SVT hybrid...all the fixens...Track/Race ready very soon!!!!!! 20,000 + miles