Originally posted by woodysvt:
I dont wish to bring this up after all the money has been collected...but I will tell you my experience with Aerogear.

I purchased a hood from them in June for my old car (98 gti vr6). I took it home and tried to install it. It was the worst fitting piece of crap i had ever seen. It would even latch at the latch point. So, I called them and told them of my misfortune. They apologized and said I could come pick a new one up in about 3 weeks. I called 3 weeks later...and they informed me that they had not come in yet. They said another 3 weeks. So another 3 weeks...same thing. Another 3 weeks...same thing. It has now been almost 5 months.....and they still keep telling me the same thing. I still have this piece of crap hood sitting in my garage...and am getting the run around with them.
I pray that you guys do not have the same problem as I had. But I will tell you, I am not the only person who has experieces similar to these. Check any other message board, and almost all of them have at least 1 person who had the same problem. I have given up and am not expecting a new hood.

I'm lost, is this the company we all ordered from Norcal? Because if it isn't, I don't understand the purpose of this last post from bonersvt. . .

And I hope that fitment won't be an issue, that's why I dropped out of the last CF GB, since there were people drilling and putting pins, etc. I figure since this will have been test fit TWICE (didn't we already get the hood and test fit it and send it back because of the wrong style scoop?), we should be ok. . .