We're new here & have just been reading the posts about the heater blower motor dieing.
We drove from Pittsburgh Pa to Dallas the day after Xmas & when we left the motor was fine. We turned it to low & never adjusted it again. When we left Dallas News Years Eve the thing was dead. The Heater fuse is ok, & I swapped the rear defrost & heater blower relays & got no change w/the problem.

I see a lot of post about this sort of problem so I popped out the Resistor pack. I think, (but in know way am I sure), that there is a Fuse/Thermal fuse on it. It looks like a Thermal Fuse & the wiring diagrams in the Haynes Manual shows a fuse in the circuit, (but both Me & the Haynes Manuals have been wrong before so I'm not certain to this fact).

It was reading open so I cut it out & shorted the ends, but I still have nothing.

I get 12vdc to the fan motor wiring connector when the control knob is on Panel or Flr/Panel but the fan still does not work. I do not get any voltage when on Heat, Defrost, Defrost/Heat, or A/C.

I see that there is recalls for this problem so I'm going to contact Ford & see if they'll help me, but I have a few questions on this.

-Is that part on the Resistor pack a Thermal fuse?
-Is it possible that both the Resistor pack & the switch
are bad?
-Is there anything else that I'm over looking?

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

John

Hers- '96 Mystique 2.0, 5-speed His- '92 D250 w/Cummins Diesel