This is a good thought, but what exactly is the point? Besides running around talking about cars what else would we do (not that I have a problem with BS'ing about cars all day)? Remember you have ages ranging from 16-60+ and families to add into the equation. You're off on the right foot since you are taking some initiative, as long as you can keep stuff organized and not have 12 people trying to do different things it may work.

If you plan on putting these flyers on every Contour out there, I think you'd be lucky to see 10% of those people at this meeting. I feel about 85%+ of people driving Contours use them as basic transportation. Out of the other 15% they have to be interested in cars to attend, probably bringing the number to around 5%. Take for instance our last meet up in Seattle, I believe we had 13 or so cars. 11 of those were SVT's. So lets do some math real fast, SVT's account for about 1% of the entire production of Contours and we managed 11, but out of the other 99% of Contours on the road we only managed 2.

I'm not against this idea in the least, but there has to be something more then "we are going to talk about cars" on the flyer to attract people. Now we can't and won't be able to please everyone obviously. A couple ideas that we have done that worked out well or should work out well are car shows, go-karting, scenic drive, or other forms of entertainment that 90% of people can enjoy.

I think some of us Portland people should get together and have some dinner or something one night.

2004 Focus PZEV 2.3L - KW sport suspension, SP camber plates, Eibach front swaybar, FS intake, FS Stealth exhaust, 3.82 Final, Torsen ATB, Prothane MM insert, E1 CSVT wheels 1/4 mile - 15.201@89.4mph