OK. Here's my problem. Just bought a new (used) 99 CSVT. When I drive under normal traffic conditions I find the car builds up inexplicable amounts of speed. My previous cars just moved along in traffic, staying politely behind other vehicles. My CSVT won't. Even mild pressure on the gas pedal causes a strange amount of acceleration accompanied by a rather loud and constant growling noise under the hood. This in turn causes me to weave back and forth as other vehicles get in my way. (BTW - the problem seems to be worse in long corners). I find that light pressure on the gas pedal will help, but only for a block or two. Then, sure enough, that growling noise comes back, and the car reverts back to higher than reasonable speeds.

My speedometre often reads WELL above the posted speed limit. Last week, this caused my wife to receive a very large speeding ticket. We tried to explain to the officer the nature of the defect, but he wasn't mechanically savvy. I've asked a local kid who owns a Honda for his advice. But he's not familiar with this problem.

Any advice?

99 Black/Tan CSVT # 1070 of 2760 Stock with K&N Drop in