Many times in the past some poor newbie hops in here and says something like, "Hey! Can I put the SHO V8 in my Contour???" That question soon followed by a resounding, "You're a f00king moron! It can NEVER BE DONE!!"

Well, I went on a little fact finding mission today while I was "oot and aboot".

I measured both engines from my Contour V6 and my Lincoln LS8. Here's what I found:

-Duratec V6 24" X 24" from valve cover to valve cover, and crank pulley to tranny.

-Lincoln V8 26" X 26" from valve cover to valve cover, and crank pulley to tranny.

So what does this mean? If you can spare 1" between the engine and the firewall, 1" between the engine and the radiator, and two inches between the crank pulley and the fender, it should fit. This, of course, if a custom fabricated engine mount(s) was made. Nothing a big block of steel and a grinder couldn't fix.

This also means the fancy 4.0L 282HP Jag engine with VCT will act the same, too.

Deep thawts.

-Auto Makor- -Experimentor -Station Wagonor- -Computerizor- I have a foot that is bigger than a foot. SuperChipFOR SALE