I loved it. I worked a two-day event for the ASRA here in Phoenix on the Firebird main track and we had a worker-session on Sunday that allowed me to get on the course.

I've never ran a road course of any kind in my 'tour. All I can say is....WOW! What a blast! I think it helped that I was working corners for 2 days before I ran so I learned a lot from watching everyone else over that time plus I had no confusion on the rules while I was out there

I do know that I need to upgrade my brakes now. Fear of brake-fade kept me from braking as late as possible off of the front stretch (100 mph - possibly could've reached 105 if I had more ballz) into a 50 mph 1/2 combination.

I had no instruction prior from anyone and just took the first 3 laps calmly and then beared down on it after I was comfortable. I was slowly pulling on a guy in a Del Sol that had been there before, but because of my earlier braking into turn 1 I let him by after the 3rd lap of running together so I didn't screw his line up.

Anyway, we had some guys from NASA running spec Porsche 944s. Excellent racing! They were definitely pushing those cars to the limit during their races.

I don't know how SCCA and NASA break down their street classes, but ASRA has Street B (less-skilled drivers) and Street A (more-skilled drivers). There's also a competition Race class that anyone has the ability to enter. How many of you guys run competition vs. just running for the fun of it?

How many Vs would a VTEC TEC if a VTEC could TEC Vs? The one, the only....FRNKNFORD http://www.westvalleycs.com