With regard to a statement made in a separate thread:
In reply to:

Also never pump the gas before you start it either .
  On old-fashioned carbureter-equipped cars, you were supposed to pump the gas pedal once, to set the choke, before you cold-started it.  Modern fuel-injected cars don't have a choke, so no need for this.

Also, on older, carbureter-equipped cars, there was a pump that would squirt extra fuel in when you pressed the gas pedal.  With most of such cars with which I was ever familiar, it was often useful to pump the gas a few times to prime the engine.  Again, this doesn't apply to modern fuel-injected cars.

I've seen, in numerous places, statements like the above, saying not to pump the gas on a fuel-injected car before you start it.  The reasons why you would want to do so on a carbureted car don't apply, so there is clearly no need, and no good reason to do this.  But does it actually hurt anythng?  I can't imagine that pumping the gas pedal on a fuel-injected car, that is not running, would do anything at all, good or ill.

Is there really a good reason not to pump the gas pedal before you start a fuel-injected car?

Hyster E60XM-33 1996 Mercury Mystique GS, Zetec, ATX To email me, remove the string HatesSpam from this address:BobHatesSpam@Blaylock.to