Who here would be interested in carbon fiber OEM style hoods? What this would require is a single donor car from the SF Bay Area who would get hooked up with a free hood. The hood would be 2x2 twill, UV resistant coated, guaranteed fitment and quality, as well as warranty (not sure the term), carbon fiber with fiberglass underframe, at approx 60% weight reduction from stock at least.

To get the group buy price of $289 each we need a minimum of 25 hoods, there will be no cost to make the plug, no mold fees, just the $289 per hood + shipping. Shipping costs will obviously vary, and I will have to look that up.

I'm not sure we'd be able to pull off 25 units, but what this will do for you guys is get a major aftermarket parts manufacturer to start with one product for you guys, then possibly create more.

If you need to know whether or not I am a reputable group-buyer, please feel free to check me out on the NECO forums, where my partner and I have succesfully transacted at least 5 group buys with no issues whatsoever and nothing but happy customers. If you have more concerns, I will be happy to provide you with phone numbers of parts suppliers/mfgrs that we've dealt with who can vouch for us. I only say all this because I realize a 25-person group buy at $289 a hood is huge.

In any case, post interest or PM me!

2001 ATX V6 Dark Shadow Grey Merc Cougar(Sport Pkg, ABS, traction control and sunroof )