Originally posted by chknhwk:
Originally posted by SVT ST PETE:

The latch loop on the CF hood needs to be dremeled - it's too thick (compare the loops between the CF and OEM hoods).

The holes in the latch need to be enlarged/moved so that the CF hood will lock.

If/when you decide to put the OEM hood back on, you will have to loosen the screws on the latch and move it back to the OEM position, and vice versa.

HTH

I haven't even started to attempt my CF hood install (don't want anyone to mess it up when the 3.0L goes in) but I was wondering: instead of dremelling out the latches on the hood is it possible to move the mounting points on the car up by removing and butt-welding back onto the frame? Might look cleaner... Any thoughts Pete??

In theory, that would be ideal. But it wouldn't be realistic for the following reasons:

1. Time - dremeling out the latch vs. moving mounting points and welding

2. Adjustability - by dremeling out the latch, it allows you to "fine tune" the fitment of the hood. If you moved the mounting points and reewlded, you would need to know exactly where to weld it back on. Nearly impossible.

3. Dremeling doesn't look bad. All you see are the original square holes.

4. Appearance - how often does anyone ever look down in there behind the oval and the grille?

Dremeling the latch and hood pins are the only way to keep the hood locked down tight.

What bothers me is the fact that the hood is about 1/2 inch too short, my clearcoat is poorly done around the edges, and the washer nozzle indentations.

Still, looks great though!

Capitol CEG Classifieds Make an offer! 2005 GTO IBM - 337hp/336tq