I knew not to expect too much from an e-RAM, but I was hoping I'd at least get a bit of a noticeable kick out of it. But I'm damned if I can even tell the difference with any certainty when it activates.

One other person who complained about the e-RAM found that his was drawing only 1/3 of the advertised electric current. I want to measure the power draw on mine, because I suspect it may be a good deal less than the advertised 50 amps / 700 watts. (50 amps wouldn't actually make 700 watts unless the alternator were keeping up a solid 14 volts at the battery terminals during operation... which sounds unlikely to me... but I'll settle for 600.)

If the thing does actually put 700 watts of work into the air stream, that should be just about enough to produce 1 PSI at a flow rate of 200 CFM, which is about the maximum amount the Zetec can draw. That's like 7 pounds of total thrust. They advertise around 3 pounds at a rate of 750 CFM when the output is unobstructed; that's around the same ballpark of 700 watts. But when I move my hand up against the output while it's running, I don't think I feel even 3 pounds at any point, let alone 6 or more.

It occurs to me that I could measure the pressure by putting a long clear tube onto the valve cover hose attachment, and putting water in a U bend. But I don't have a long clear plastic tube. And anyway, first I want to somehow measure the amount of electric power it's drawing. If it's only like 300 watts or less, that in itself would be grounds for using their guarantee.