Being a Christian, the argument of Creation vs. Evolution is very intriguing. The evolutionists believe that the Biblical account of Creation is wrong and the Christians believe that the Theory of Evolution is wrong. So who is right? There are arguments for each account of how life began. The evolutionist believe the earth is millions of years old and the Christians believe the earth is only thousands of years old. Again, who is right?

In addition to being a Christian, I am also an Engineer and I truly enjoy science and logical thinking. However I am not a scientist. I do not pretend to know everything about the theory of evolution and physics. But I have come across some very good arguments against evolution (given by Dr. Kent Hovind) that I would like to discuss in this forum, since there are some very good debaters here (namely EdwardC) that obviously know a great deal about science.

So for our mutual edification, I would like to ask some questions (one at a time of course) so that every one can see both sides of the story. Again, I don't claim to have all of the answers which is why I don't want this to become a heated debate, just a good discussion so that both points of view can be heard. With that being said, question number one:

1) How do evolutionists prove the earth is millions of years old?