Originally posted by m4gician:
Originally posted by CSVT#49:
Holy Crap! It's flipp'n brighter then a Christmas tree in your car!! But I like it. Don't suppose you can post a How-To on the dome light??

x2

talk about wanting to stick it in the tailpipe for a while...

Looks like I've taken after Amar in promoting the 'mercury' in the mystique. LEDs are a great touch and really brighten up the inside. It's nice to see that you're posting subtle mods that really make your ride stand out or look better than it was ever supposed to. I especially want to know what material you cut the 'Mercury' door sils into.

Thanks.

The door sills ended up taking a lot longer then they were supposed to.

The material is from Home Depot...don't know if you guys have them in canadia...they're extruded bars of aluminum, 1/8" thick, 2" wide, and i think 3' long in the nuts and bolts aisle...they are like $10 or close to that. I sanded them down with a palm sander then polished with "mothers" brand alum polish to really give it a good shine...then painted the words with metal paint...at first i just put a layer of wheel clear coat on top of that then i saw that it would smudge from my feet so i ended up having to put the plexiglass on top fastened with some stainless machine screws...i'm not too confident about the durability of the plexi, but we'll see...

1998 Mystique LS: -2.5 Duratec ATX -Vibrant White -------------------- =Pics= =Info=